Thursday, September 18, 2008

Billy Blighter

Coming in at number three in the models that look nice but are a fucker to put together (after the Screaming Skull Catapult and the Scraplauncher) is Epidemius, The Tallyman of Nurgle - or more often in my armies, a generic Nurgle Herald on a Palanquin. Epidemius only really works well in a pure Nurgle army, and I doubt I'll have the figures painted for that for a long time.

Check him out!








As I've said before I don't want to spend too long on each part of the army, else I'll be less likely to actually finish it, so no fancy-dan freehand on this mofo's banners'. Instead I've crudely daubed a couple of Nurgle symbols on in my blood mix (Tamiya Smoke and Clear Red). It's come out better on the big banner than the little one, but I'm still reasonably happy with the results.



Lots of the new Citadel Washes have been used on this chap, with mostly pretty pleasing results. The red is especially good for doing sore skin (lovely!). They do have a tendency to dull down metallic colours a bit however.

Lovely Stuff

No comments: